It was a massive success and I believe that all of those who attended would agree. Many people said that it should be made a yearly event so I guess we must have done something right and when a complete stranger approached me and told me that my mum would have been very proud, I must admit I felt very touched.
The Prosecco flowed, 'For The Boys' got everybody singing along and then we hit the dance floor and shimmied to tunes of the past until midnight.
The event raised just over £1,300 (including raffle sales - see list of generous contributors below) and every penny will be winging its way to Age UK Wandsworth. HUGE thanks to all who donated and took part.
So ... a pretty heavy-on-the-photos blog but I think they speak louder than words. Much love and thanks to my photographers Mireille and Elizabeth and also for their help. Also to my lovely 'Fenella' for her raffle-ticket-selling-skills!
|Our welcome table, including a picture of my mum in her 20s.|
Checking in table with cardboard gramophone made by
Mr Misfit and coveted by many!
|... and in close-up|
|The heavily laden raffle table - over 30 prizes!|
With my partner in crime (Mr Misfit is NOT happy with this pic because it makes him look every type of old)
My Twitter buddy Mireille who flew from Scotland
and worked her little socks off.
|HIDEOUS photo of me but it's what it was all about!|
|The guests embraced the theme and came in their finery.|
|We were delighted to welcome a party from The Dover House singers.|
|Son Ben and his fiancee Kiki|
|Tables set and ready for action|
|Round 1 of the Wartime buffet|
'For The Boys' giving it their all.
Audience participation included playing the spoons (on bottoms!), The 'Hokey Cokey'and 'Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes'.
Daughter-in-law-to-be treated us to
a song from 'Grease'
Sadly there are no pictures of the dancing action.
Photographer and son flopped after the event!
My feet are still recovering.
The reason behind it all.
Cheers to my lovely mum.
Raffle prizes donated by local businesses.
- A year's subscription to Tastecard (£29.99) Save £100's on meals.
- Bill's Restaurant' voucher (£50)
- 'Headmasters' hairdressing voucher - cut and blow dry (£45)
- 'The Avenue London Cookery School' voucher - 'Simple Suppers' (£60)
- 'Cook' voucher (£20)
- 'The Flower Yard', Putney - flower arrangement
- 'London Grace Nails', Putney - goodie bag (£33)
- 2 adult day passes for Red Rover City Cruises (£33.50)
- 2x bottles of Sipsmith's Gin (RRP: £20) and 1x London Cup (£19.50) - THREE SEPARATE PRIZES
- Oliver Bonas voucher (£20)
- Dance Lab, Putney - voucher for 2 for a 4 week Beginner's Course (£100)
- Dinner for 2 with wine at The Telegraph, Putney
- Large box of luxury chocolate macaroons from 'Drop Dead Chocolates' (£29.95)
- Voucher for Côte Brasserie, Wimbledon Village (£60)
- Pamper night with arm & hand massages, wine and chocolates for up to 15 guests at L'Occitane, Putney
- A 'Well Being' hamper from 'A Time to Heal' Glasgow (includes a voucher for Pizza Express)
- Wagamama vouchers (£45)
- Waitrose voucher (£25)
- Voucher from Award winning 'Village Butchers' Southfields (£25)
- Magazine subscription with iSubscribe - glossies delivered to your door (£20)
- Ed's Diner voucher (£30)
- 3 x vouchers (SEPARATE PRIZES) for dinner for 4 at The HG Wells, Worcester Park
- One month's gym membership with Nuffield Health, Wandsworth (£73) PLUS Personal Trainer voucher (£50)
- Goody bag from 'Planet Organic' (£40)
- Delta Force Paint-balling entrance for 10 (£100) To buy own paintballs.
- Sainsbury's voucher (£20)
- Itsu Japanese food voucher (£20)
- Fuller’s Brewery tour and ale tasting for 2 (£24)